Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Not so stumped.

Who knows if this will help anyone but it has certainly helped me!


I have heard so much about BlogEd. So many people seem to be using it. I am desperate to use it as I feel I have been missing out!


Whilst researching a range of education technologies in the holidays a few members of my PLN (Personal Learning Network) suggested that I use BlogEd. And so the search began...


It has taken about three weeks now to find out how to access BlogEd. I couldn't find it, I didn't have the right tab, my principal did not know how to get it from AMU, etc, ect. With the help of my PLN and the DET's ICT Service Desk I have finally worked out exactly how to access BlogEd. Now it is in the hands of my principal and I hope that by the end of the week I have logged on! Of course, instructions are on the DET's website however, I was not able to find this info and the service desk had to email it to me:


Schools: Teachers who would like to create blogs using blogED will require access to the Learning Tools tab from their DET portal. This tab will appear within 24 hours of the Principal giving access to the teacher to blogED through the Access Management Utility (AMU). Principals can request access to LT Learning Tools in AMU by emailing 'blogED_access@det.nsw.edu.au'. N.B. If the Principal doesn't have the option in AMU to add BlogEd access for you, the last line applies.


Sometimes even for the digital literate problems present themselves that are difficult to resolve. Thank you to my PLN for pointing me in the right direction and helping me though the process. See, I told you I heart my PLN ;-)


Phew. Almost there.





No comments:

Post a Comment