Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The social media revolution


Ahhhhh, 
The social media revolution
I'm not sure what I think of it all to be honest...
Yes, my students are mostly all digital natives. 
Yes, I use these technologies regularly (am doing so now)
Yes, I am often surprised at how much my students know about technology and how to use it.
Yes, I am often surprised at my own ignorance, although I am lucky not to have too much trouble keeping up with it all. 

As for the statistics of the video, it does alert me to the highly-tuned ICT knowledge of my students, and I need to incorporate such understandings into my own lessons. I do hope however, that sophisticated traditional skills and knowledge of visual arts are not lost in the speediness of all of this.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment